Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Less Than Two Weeks Away

Lately I have been getting lots of use out of my new running shoes. As of a little less than two weeks I will be running my first half marathon and am so pumped for it. I have been running for the last year and a half and have done one other race. I participated in the Market to Market race last October and I must say that is one of the most challenging things I have ever done in my whole life. It really showed me what I was made of and that is more than what I thought. So the Lincoln Half Marathon is my next challenge and man I am I hopefully ready. I have been training hard for the last couple of months and have put a lot of effort into it. I even bought my fitness business a elliptical trainer for cross training in the winter for this run and also for client purposes, but there was a tiny hidden agenda for my own use as well.
I love running I would say that out of all the things that I have done as a trainer running by far has been one of the most rewarding. I am in the best shape of my life and having two kids that can say a lot. Running is what I call my Prozac. It helps me when my days may seem a little crazy and puts my mind at ease, especially lately because my husband has a what you would call high stress traveling job not just for him but for me as well, so when my days gets bad I put on my running shoes, get my I Pod and run my worries away. One of my goals is to go to the big NYC and run the marathon and I will hopefully be able to do that in the next year or so. That would be one of the most rewarding things I could do for myself. I have a fitness business that I run from my home and love my job to death. It is so rewarding not only for me but for the clients that I train, I love every minute of it. I am going to start keeping track of my progress for the big run to NYC as well as posting some useful information on training for health and fitness, and probably some of my family life since they all run together so well. I consider my first job to be a wife and a mother and my second a trainer. If anyone has a question feel free to ask and I will try and give you some useful info. Have a great day:)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are ready to go. I'm sad I won't get to run with you this time but I will register early next time so I can. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you are awesome. I get through 2.5 miles a day, but I hate it! Maybe you will inspire me to do more.

    ReplyDelete